iJewels is a gem-matching game in the style of Bejeweled. The object of the game is to make as many lines of jewels as you can.
You move gems in iJewels simply by tapping the one you wish to change then tapping an adjacent jewel to swap them around. Make a line of three or more same-colored stones and they will disappear, causing all the gems above them to fall down. If any of the falling jewels form matching lines, these will be cleared too. The game is over when no more matching lines can be made.
There are three different game modes in iJewels: Normal mode, where you need to make a certain number of lines to progress to the next level; Timed mode, in which is the same but with a time limit; and Infinite mode, where you keep going to try and beat your best score before you run out of options.
The presentation of iJewels is very good. The gems themselves are sparkly and colorful, and the backgrounds are imaginative and well drawn. The soundtrack that accompanies iJewels is a delight, containing lots of soothing classical music tracks. The clinking sound effects are also well done.
iJewels isn't quite as polished as Bejeweled on the iPhone. For instance, there's no Blitz mode for playing others over Facebook, and it lacks power-ups and bonus features that would ease the repetitive nature of the game.
Nevertheless, iJewels is a well produced gem-matching game that makes for a great timewaster.
- Game Center support along with Scoreloop
- New play mode: Quick game.You have 75 seconds to earn as much points as possible. A fresh leaderboard has been added for this mode, too
- Two new songs, for the Quick mode
- Warning when time is running out, at the "10 seconds left"-mark
- Submitting score-message doesn't stay on the screen after ending the game
- Fixed: incorrect hints after loading a game
- Score list selection is now remembered
- Reduced minimum iOS version requirement to 3.1
- Score paging arrows work again after canceling list selection in Global Scores
- 'Show my ranking' shows the best score so far